|Ce frontend multi-systèmes a été mis à jour. Les améliorations sont les suivantes:
A few oopsies... I made.
Some minor bug fixes in this build, and I forgot to include the updated logo.png for standard resolution. I tweaked the colors a little bit and added more sprites in there. :D
Tweaks were made to better handle requirements detection for MAME softlist games. In a computer machine, the frontend was trying to load a device set as a cartridge instead of enabling that device in the machine's slot1, and a couple more bugs in other console machines.
I think it might be time to choose a new theme for the splash screen, this apocalyptic theme is getting old, no ? Not that it's not a good one...
New MAME feature: custom parameters. You can create custom parmeters for a softlist game, a software list or MAME machine. Do things like, attach a cassete tape, a special cartridge, a floppy drive or another device. Enable a special feature in a computer machine that you cannot do with MAME settings .ini files.
Added support for another Apple II emulator, microM8 Apple II Emulator. Interesting emulator, this one.
In the Apple IIgs front, emulator GSplus" Apple IIgs Emulator is now supported.
Emu Loader is ready for MAME v0.235 with the new BGFX backend options: Direct3D 12 and Vulkan. I guess you're gonna have to wait a few more weeks to try these renderers...
The full pack still have all 4K content in it, but this time you can grab the update package if you already have v8.9. It will take me more time to sort some things out and update the downloads page with all updated content, including Photoshop's .psd files with all my work. Have fun!
- An oopsie, I made. Forgot to enable PNG compression in console/computer system icons ("\console_computer\system_icons\" folder)
- Panels of "Video 3" were not showing up (BGFX, HLSL, GLSL)... oopsie!
- Forgot to include the updated and tweaked splash "logo.png" for standard resolution ("\resources\images\" folder)
- Requirements for a software list game is empty if the required is a machine device that must be attached in a slot
- Several tweaks to software/device requirements detection, use by software list games
- New and improved "Nintendo Wii U" system icon ("\console_computer\system_icons\")
- The following JAVA emulators are no longer supported (it requires JAVA installed in Windows)
*Java PSP emulator "jpcsp"
*Java Apple Computer Emulator "JACE" Notes:
.removed because they only run thru .bat files
.the frontend is "slowly but surely" moving away from .bat / .cmd files, it was never meant to be used as emulator filenames in the first place
.MAME games/machines can use custom parameters now, .bat files are no longer needed
- New "Don't Show This Again" checkbox in message box to disable "Run Game Configurmation Dialog"
*this checkbox only appears when running games, nowhere else
*main menu setting "Run Game Configurmation Dialog" is enabled by default now
- Support for "microM8 Apple II Emulator"
*get it at https://paleotronic.com/software/microm8/
*it can load 2-disk games from command line (untested)
*to be used in the "Apple II" computer system
- Support for "GSplus" Apple IIgs Emulator
*get it at https://apple2.gs/plus/
*both Win32 and SDL builds are supported
*it works the same as GSport and KEGS32
- New icon: "resources\main_icons\terminal.ico" used in games popup menu, "Custom Parameters" feature (so far)
- New "Select Machine [machine_name]" item for "Select Set" sub-menu
*for software lists, and only shows up if there is a MAME machine assigned to that software list
- New feature: Custom Parameters (MAME only)
*accessible in games popup menu "Custom Parameters" sub-menu
*there is no on/off switch, this feature is always enabled
*create a custom paramaters string to attach devices and stuff into slots (its main purpose)
*made for software list games, software lists and MAME machines
*media parameter and game name are added automatically at the end of the command line (only when running games)
*if you use the game's media parameter, make sure to add it at the end or it will not work (-cart; -flop2; -cass; etc)
*for rare cases, you may use a "< game>" tag along with the media parameter, it will be replaced by the game name
*you can overwrite the machine name for a specific softlist game by adding the machine name before the custom parameters
*file format is in plain .txt (ANSI only)
*files are located in a new "\arcade\custom_params\mame\" folder, and "\softwarename\" sub-folders for software lists
*file contents should be "custom_params=parameters-text" format (without quotes)
*if you create a custom parameter for the parent set, its clone sets will inherit the custom parameter
*if you create a custom parameter for a software list, so all its games will use it (filenames are the same as .xml files from "mame\hash\" folder)
*if you create a custom parameter for a MAME machine, all software lists assigned to that machine will use it
*take a peek at the "Custom Parameters Samples" panel, you'll find some usage examples in there :)
*files search order:
softwarelist_name.txt (in case the game is from a software list)
machinename.txt (machine assigned to run the softlist game with)
- Added "DirectX 12" an "Vulkan" options to "BGFX Backend" setting (MAME Settings, "Video 3" tab)
*for the upcoming MAME v0.235 (got them from MAME github)
*DirectX 12 requires Windows 10 / Windows 11
*replaced options texts with detailed ones