|Une résurrection pour cet émulateur Amstrad CPC qui n'avait pas été mis à jour depuis onze ans! Une version MacOS fait son apparition. Il s'agit donc d'une version majeure dont voici le contenu:
These are the features of version 2.0:
- Runs on MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux (x86_64 and ARM, in particular on Raspberry Pi) and Windows
- Graphics engine overhauled, introducing border, overscan, dynamic horizontal synchronisation (not perfect yet), scan doubling and some optional CRT blurring
- Completely new CRTC (CPC's graphics chip) emulation, quite accurate, and selectable between CRTC types 0, 1 and 2 (most demos work as on a real CPC)
- Realistic timing of CPU instructions and interrupts
- Sound emulation significantly improved, now able to play digitized sounds (such as speech and special effects)
- Different accelerated modes of operation ("Turbo", with and without CRTC synchronisation)
- Debugger with optional CRTC single-stepping alongside the CPC screen, including crosshairs indicating the current electron beam position
- Graphical menu (in addition to function keys)
- Virtual on-screen joystick on Android and iOS
- Keyboard configuration improved, enabling easier customization
- Many small improvements (e. g., correct handling of CPU register R, support for ZIP file archives without external "unzip", V3 Snapshot files) and bug fixes (e. g., floppy disk controller now correctly reads strange sectors such as Speedlock)
So, F2 will toggle the Turbo mode. Holding Shift while pressing F2 toggles between three different CPU speeds. F9 simply halts the emulation. If you enter the Debugger with F10 you can leave it with the command "r" (plus Return).
Unfortunately, I have not been able to check and test the French, Spanish and Danish keyboard layouts. I'm afraid that they might be broken. Please report me which keys are wrong.