|La première version intermédiaire vers la v0.146 de MAME vient d'arriver. De gros changements sur le fonctionnement des CHDs ont été apportés:
Includes a big change to how chdman/CHD works, so please read the related whatsnew log for info about it.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 04668: [Interface] megatech, stvbios: Crash After Cartridge Selected in File Manager Menu (Softlist) (Miodrag Milanovic)
- 04689: [Documentation] ep_pkni: The correct description is "Phoenix Knights (The) (Global) (EPOCH)".
- 04688: [Documentation] sc2rock: The correct description is "How Big's Your Rock? (Global) (Scorpion 2/3)".
- 04687: [Documentation] ep_milhr: The correct description is "Who Wants To Be A Millionhare? (Global) (EPOCH)".
- 04683: [Documentation] hb_mrmon: The correct description is "Mr.Money (Qps)".
- 04682: [Documentation] hb_ydd: The correct description is "Yabba-Dabba-Dough (Qps)".
- 04680: [Documentation] sc4qmodo and clones: Missing an apostrophe. The correct description is "Quazzi Mo' Dough (Qps) (Scorpion 4) (set 1)".
- 04690: [Documentation] ep_beavr and clone: The correct description is "Casino Beaver Las Vegas! (Global) (EPOCH, set 1)".
- 04685: [DIP/Input] yosakdon, yosakdona: Unable to control players (Tafoid)
- 04675: [DIP/Input] steeltal and clones: Control Issues and Resets (Phil Bennett)
- 04672: [Sound] radrad: [possible] Broken shot sound (DAC) (hap)
- 04673: [Color/Palette] springer: Rabbit has wrong colors. (M.A.S.H.)
- 04666: [Sound] spacelnc: Missing one DAC sound. (hap)
- 02580: [Crash/Freeze] dirtfoxj: Game freezes immediately after the race start countdown. (Phil Bennett)
- 04655: [Graphics] All sets in stv.c: Graphic corruption (hap)
- Minor improvements to the Cool Riders text layer. [Andrew Gardner]
- m68k: 68040 MMU improvements [O. Galibert]
- i386: Fixes for DOS4GW 1.97 [Carl]
- i386: Trap flag support [Carl]
- New modern object-oriented bus-signals-available SCSI implementation [O. Galibert]
- IDE controller now support two slots, currently used devices are made as slot devices [Miodrag Milanovic]
- Namco System 21/2 changes: [Phil Bennett]
*Writing a C148 IRQ priority register now clears the prior interrupt state (required by dirtfoxj and winrun)
*Changed 'Winning Run Suzuka Grand Prix (Japan)' setname to winrungp
*Promoted winrungp and winrun91 to working.
- tsamurai.c: Fixed clocks and audio pitch. [Takahiro Nogi]
- Added polynew.h multithreaded-render support to N64 RDP emulation. Speedup ratios of 1.6x to 2.8x observed. [Ryan Holtz]
- Redone 30test layout, resembling the cabinet more [hap]
- Add LZMA codec and .7z container support [David Haywood, R. Belmont]
- updated sdl os-core to compile against stock SDL-2.0 [couriersud]
*The SDL team has moved from 1.3 to 2.0. At the same time, changes were made to allow SDL1.2 and SDL2.0 to coexist. All SDL2.0 include files are now in /usr/include/SDL2.
*Added sdlinc.h to avoid having tons of #ifdef .. #include in the code.
*Scalemode is no longer a per-window setting
*Fixed a bug in YUV rendering.
*Use SDL_GetClipboard (SDL2.0)
Currently, SDL 2.0 is only supported on *nix. Volunteers welcome.
- Various N64 stability fixes. [Ryan Holtz]
- Steel Talons: Fixed controls and removed the MSP speedup hack which was causing the game to reset at certain points. [Phil Bennett]
- NMK16 priority fixes [Raiden II Project Team]
- N64: Partially fix PIF access, several more games recognize cart SRAM, cart FlashROM, cart EEPROM, and controller paks [Ryan Holtz]
- 68040: Fix for fsave opcode [O. Galibert]
- Added support for (track)balls to osd/sdl. [Couriersud]
- Fixed testkeys to work with SDL2.0. Keymaps can now contain SDL1.3 and SDL2.0 mappings. Updated km-de.txt as an example. [Couriersud]
Major CHD/chdman update: [Aaron Giles]
- The CHD version number has been increased from 4 to 5. This means any diff CHDs will no longer work. If you absolutely need to keep the data for any existing ones you have, find both the diff CHD and the original CHD for the game in question and upgrade using these commands:
*diff\game-old.dif chdman copy -i
*diff\game-old.dif -ip roms\game.chd -o
*diff\game.dif -op roms\game.chd -c none
Specifics regarding this change:
- Defined a new CHD version 5. New features/behaviors of this version:
*support for up to 4 codecs; each block can use 1 of the 4
*new LZMA codec, which tends to do better than zlib overall
*new FLAC codec, primarily used for CDs (but can be applied anywhere)
*upgraded AVHuff codec now uses FLAC for encoding audio
*new Huffman codec, used to catch more nearly-uncompressable blocks
*compressed CHDs now use a compressed map for significant savings
*CHDs now are aware of a "unit" size; each hunk holds 1 or more units (in general units map to sectors for hard disks/CDs)
*diff'ing against a parent now diffs at the unit level, greatly improving compression
- Rewrote and modernized chd.c. CHD versions prior to 3 are unsupported, and version 3/4 CHDs are only supported for reading.
- Creating a new CHD now leaves the file open. Added methods to read and write at the unit and byte level, removing the need to handle this manually. Added metadata access methods that pass astrings and dynamic_buffers to simplify the interfaces. A companion class chd_compressor now implements full multithreaded compression, analyzing and compressing multiple hunks independently in parallel.
- Split the codec implementations out into a separate file chdcodec.*
- Updated harddisk.c and cdrom.c to rely on the caching/byte-level read/ write capabilities of the chd_file class. cdrom.c (and chdman) now also pad CDs to 4-frame boundaries instead of hunk boundaries, ensuring that the same SHA1 hashes are produced regardless of the hunk size.
- Rewrote chdman.exe entirely, switching from positional parameters to proper options. Use "chdman help" to get a list of commands, and "chdman help " to get help for any particular command. Many redundant commands were removed now that additional flexibility is available. Some basic mappings:
*Old: chdman -createblankhd New: chdman createhd -o -chs ,,
*Old: chdman -createuncomphd .... New: chdman createhd -i -o -c none ....
*Old: chdman -verifyfix New: chdman verify -i -f
*Old: chdman -merge New: chdman copy -i -ip -o
*Old: chdman -diff New: chdman copy -i -o -op
*Old: chdman -update New: chdman copy -i -o
- Added new core file coretmpl.h to hold core template classes. For now just one class, dynamic_array<> is defined, which acts like an array of a given object but which can be appended to and/or resized. Also defines dynamic_buffer as dynamic_array for holding an arbitrary buffer of bytes. Expect to see these used a lot.
- Added new core helper hashing.c/.h which defines classes for each of the common hashing methods and creator classes to wrap the computation of these hashes. A future work item is to reimplement the
core emulator hashing code using these.
- Split bit buffer helpers out into C++ classes and into their own public header in bitstream.h.
- Updated huffman.c/.h to C++, and changed the interface to make it more flexible to use in nonstandard ways. Also added huffman compression of the static tree for slightly better compression rates.
- Created flac.c/.h as simplified C++ wrappers around the FLAC interface. A future work item is to convert the samples sound device to a modern device and leverage this for reading FLAC files.
- Renamed avcomp.* to avhuff.*, updated to C++, and added support for FLAC as the audio encoding mechanism. The old huffman audio is still supported for decode only.
- Added a variant of core_fload that loads to a dynamic_buffer.
- Tweaked winwork.c a bit to not limit the maximum number of processors unless the work queue was created with the WORK_QUEUE_FLAG_HIGH_FREQ option. Further adjustments here are likely going to be necessary.
- Fixed bug in aviio.c which caused errors when reading some AVI files.
- Fixed an issue with text being missing in some Aleck 64 games. [Ryan
- Reduced memory usage in the N64 driver. [Ryan Holtz]
- Hook up 64DD RTC and interrupts in the N64 code. [Ryan Holtz, kammedo]
- Added warm reset support to N64 hardware [Ryan Holtz]
- Fix -romident to work with .7z archives [David Haywood]
- Added new CHD codec: CD-FLAC which knows how to shuffle CD data to more optimally use FLAC. Updated flac wrapper to implement a tell callback so FLAC can tell us how much we've decoded. Updated chdman to use CD-FLAC codec in preference over the existing codecs for CDs by
default. [David Haywood]
- Fail initializing the CD-FLAC codec if the hunk size is not CD-compatible. [Aaron Giles]
- Centralize detection of existing output files. Add detection (require--force) for extracted files as well. Move checks outside of try/catch so that the files are not subsequently deleted. [Aaron Giles]
- Move all-0 detection to the write path. Use hunk_info on the compression path to detect whether the write went through. [Aaron Giles]
- Changed sample pack names for alphamc07 -> equites and aristmk4 -> 3bagflvt to match up sample to an actual setname. [Tafoid]
- dma8237: fix uninitialized variable [Hans Ostermeyer]
- mc146818: remove previous Apollo hack, fix 32768 Hz. updates [Hans Ostermeyer]
- m68k: fix FSGLMUL/FSGLDIV plus some minor MMU improvements [Hans Ostermeyer]
- m68k: slightly less stubby CINV [Hans Ostermeyer]
- namcos23: documentation update [Guru]
- vamphalf.c: Added correct speed up to Diet Family [Dave Haywood]
- Assorted N64 SP/DP/CPU comms accuracy fixes. [Ryan Holtz]
- Rewrote SAMPLES as a modern device. Updated all callers. FLAC reading is now done using the FLAC wrapper. There is now a samples_iterator class to centralize the logic for handling the sample list walking. [Aaron Giles]
- Redid the cheesy half-baked votrax device since it relied on some old samples-based handling. Until we have a real implementation, it would be good to route the various clients through the current one to
at least wire it up properly, even if it just plays samples in the end. Will look into that shortly. [Aaron Giles]
- Added windows implementation of pseudo tty access functions over pipes [Carl]
- Fixed N64 RDP to not try to render a triangle with no spans. [Ryan Holtz]
- Sega Model 2 update: [Brian Troha]
*Dumped and hooked up Dynamite Baseball
*Dynamite Baseball 97 renamed as dynabb97
*Properly renamed 4 MASK ROMs in dynabb97 to match pcb manual
*Minor cleanups and fixes
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
- Winning Run [gamerfan, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Oozumou - The Grand Sumo (DECO Cassette) [Charles MacDonald, Dr. Spankenstein, Kevin Eshbach, T. Huff, SteveS, E. Page-Hanify, Hikari, ArcadeDude, F. Bukor, N. Francfort, jmurjr, arcade-history.com, ThumB, Hurray Banana, Paratech, Xiaou2, Cornishdavey, A. Costin, M. Ponweiser, Tormod, Rambo, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Diet Family [Dr. Spankenstein, Paratech, joe35car, tormod, M. Hoenig, Mosquito2001, M. Ponweiser, M. Viste, Phil Bennett, N. Francfort, A. Costin, J. Finney, gamerfan, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Kung-Fu Roushi [hap]
- Winning Run Suzuka Grand Prix [Phil Bennett]
- Winning Run 91 [Phil Bennett]
New clones added
- Space Invaders Part II (Brazil) [Marcello Mancini]
- Print Club 2 Earth Limited Kobe (Print Club Custom) (J 970808 V1.000) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Eyes (bootleg set) [f205v, Antro]
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (990927) [Layne, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Wyvern Wings (alt) [RetroRepair]
- Dynamite Baseball [Layne, Yohji, hap, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
- Soul Surfer (Rev A) [f205v. The Dumping Union]
- Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 (Export) [f205v, The Dumping Union]