|Cet émulateur multi-systèmes avait été laissé pour mort par son auteur, mais voici qu'il renait de ses cendres en version 64-bit. Les améliorations sont les suivantes:
- Fixed: It calls itself Raine32 instead of Raine64 (raine.h only, I keep the config file raine32-sdl.cfg for compatibility).
- Fixed: The Q-sound logo is corrupted (Alien vs Predator). It was a bug in the video C functions, I didn't have a lot of opportunities to test them, so it could affect a lot of games actually, all sprites which are not 16x16 and which use flip (x or y) are affected.
- Fixed: MS pacman (6 maps) is buggy - the 2nd screen is corrupt and you die at the start of the level. 2 things here, the buggy look of the level is the way it is, the most annoying point in my opinion are the invisible super pills, the ones that normally blink, here they show at the start of the level, then disappear but are still there... Also the moving bonuses can pass through walls sometimes ! Maybe I shouldn't have kept this one, but I was curious... it's playable anyway.
And your crash seems to happen only in windows, it's a read outside the rom limits, but I wonder how windows does its allocations, normally such a read should land in the gfx zone and so return a value without crashing anything, that's what happens in linux. Go figure... anyway it's fixed too, this kind of read affect mspacman and its clones, plus pacman25 (from the comments about it).
- just got an idea of a perl script which helped me to find about 25 games broken with musashi and easily fixable, so updated the binary with this, and here is 0.90.1 (don't expect any other update this fast !)
- The big news except the new cpu emulators is the support for internet archive roms with curl, which means raine will try to download a rom from internet archive if it's not available on disk. A lot of things are missing, it's not done for collectors who want everything, but it's much better than the very few roms which are really free (f3demo and f2demo, that's all ?). Here you have all the neogeo roms, some cps roms, and a few roms like 64street.
- drivers updates :
*pbobble2 becomes pbobble2o, and add pbobble2 v2.30 (I didn't see any improvement to this one and I even wonder if it's really a newer version).
*bubsymph & bubsymphu disappear and are replaced by the region switch for bublbob2 which is much nicer for me. Also :
the old bublbob2 which was version 2.50 becomes bublbob2o
*add the new v2.60 as bublbob2
*add the prototype as bublbob2p (it's an interesting prototype for once, it's like bublbobl but with the 68020 features).
*The pixel layer emulation is redone because of this game in taito f3, you get better colors, and some experimental strange line scroll effect, afaik it's only visible in the buble boble 2 prototype, the values are strange I should look into it some more later.
*syvalion was fixed, its mouse control was broken, making it almost unplayable
*more cpu power to arkanoid2, just to make it more fun when the screen is covered with balls... !
*prevent rodland & megablast to crash when loaded
*There was a fix for garou in neocd which was reverted because it was creating to many problems elsewhere. Problem is I lost the details of the garou bug (and the savegame), so I tried a few things, for me it works but I can't be sure.
- hiscore.dat : the new mame format is also supported (but the old one too, and at the same time !), and it tries to detect when its area is cleared (after a reset or service mode for example, and can survive it now).
- Planned : I might try to switch to sdl2 for windows users and their fullscreen problem, but sdl2 is not an evolution of sdl1.2, it's more a new lib which happens to have a very few things in common with sdl1.2. Which means that if I add support for that, it will be like a revolution, I'll have to get rid of a lot of things and eventually re-add them later differently. So it will be a big mess. For now no promise.