|Deux nouvelles versions de cet ensemble comprenant un émulateur, frontend et un plug-in graphique ont été publiées successivement. La première d'entre elle est importante car elle remplace le plug-in GlideN64 par ParaLLEl-RDP apportant une émulation plus fidèle mais aussi plus gourmande en ressources et exigeant le support de Vulkan v1.1 par l'ordinateur. Notez que la version MacOS est absente. Voici la liste des améliorations:
- Performance improvements when using upscaling in ParaLLEl-RDP.
- Some tweaks to the audio code to try and reduce crackling in some cases.
- GLideN64 (and Angrylion Plus) has been replaced by ParaLLEl-RDP
You can read about ParaLLEl-RDP here: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/category/parallel/
- Special thanks to @Themaister, who wrote ParaLLEl-RDP and @mudlord, who ported it to the mupen64plus API spec
- The emulator now requires Vulkan 1.1 to run. This means if you have an Intel GPU, you generally need a Skylake or newer processor. If you have an Nvidia GPU, you generally need it to be Kepler series or newer. If you have AMD, I have no idea. You may want to update your graphics drivers if it's not working.
- By default, ParaLLEl-RDP displays the game in native resolution, you can change this by going to Settings->Core and Video Settings->ParaLLEl Video->Upscaling, and changing the value of "1" to "2", "4", or "8".
I understand that this will be very exciting news for some, and for others, it will be disappointing. ParaLLEl-RDP has higher system requirements than GLideN64. I know some people will wonder why I didn't just include both. From the beginning, I set out to create a very easy-to-use, accurate emulator. Since the dawn of time, the plugin system has been a source of complexity and confusion in the N64 scene. Most of all, I am creating an emulator that I enjoy using.
I am trying to reduce the complexity and provide an accurate and playable emulator for a majority of people. It's not going to be perfect for everyone. Both Project64 and RetroArch provide good N64 emulators that include GLideN64 bundled in.