|Une mise à jour majeure a été publiée pour cet émulateur multi-systèmes. Peu de changements sur l'émulation elle même en dehors de quelques correctifs, mais l'émulateur prend désormais en charge SDL2. Les versions Windows ont besoin de nouvelles dlls pour fonctionner: rendez-vous sur la fiche de l'émulateur dans les sections correspondantes pour les télécharger. Seule la version 32-bit pour Linux est disponible actuellement.
What to say about it ? It's huge, it's probably the version with the most changes inside even if there are almost no changes on the emulation side, except for the bug fixes I made while testing things.
- The 1st goal was to get rid of the opengl blits in windows while having a usable gui even in fullscreen, it's done. By the way it's a "desktop fullscreen" meaning it's just an invisible window using the whole desktop place, so it behaves exactly like a normal fullscreen and normally you don't see any difference. Also the games using rasters and the emudx games work correctly (didn't test all the emudx games, just 2, but the rest should be ok).
- The keys configuration has changed, because keys constants have changed in sdl2, so even if it still reads its configuration from the same file, it reads the keys from a new section, with -sdl2 at the end of the name of the section. Sorry for those who had a lot of custom inputs, but there were too many incompatible changes, it's better to restart from scratch here.
New "game controllers" interface, so that you can plug or unplug a joystick during game play without problem, don't abuse this though, I tested it a little, but not sure I tested all the possible cases. And joystick 1 in raine won't become joystick 2 just because you plugged a new joystick. There is also a new command in the inputs menu "joysticks indexes" to change these joysticks positions if you have at least 2 joysticks plugged. There's a lot less changes in the configuration saved for the joysticks, maybe a few buttons will be different in configs which use more than 4 buttons though, just check and adapt... - Also if you use a gamepad recognized by sdl2, the digital cross on the left should be automatically mapped to the left stick, so it can be used for movement without doing anything.
- The sound has a new 48 Khz option which is almost useless, just added that for testing.
- Opengl has the adaptive vsync now, check in "video info" after playing something to see if it works for you. Better vsync in windowed mode, but I double checked you can disable vsync if you want in "renderer options", yeah it works, but it didn't last night !
- There is no video driver selection for windows anymore, useless normally. A new video renderer "sdl2 native", mainly for testing, not spectacular, and no specific options for now. Notice the opengl rendering is not super optimized yet, all the games are rendered in 32 bits, the simplest solution, but not the fastest one. It's enough for current hardware... Same thing for emudx, it could be remade using new functions for better performance...
- The gui has the most obvious changes, a simple animation now runs behind the transparent menus, if you load a game it starts in the background behind the menus, but if you start to play it's paused when you return to the gui, like before.
While testing things the most obvious bugs fixed were :
- all the cps1 games using 6 buttons had lost their 3 1st buttons ! It's due to the code to include inputs from another game, went too fast on this one, this time it should be fixed for good.
- and bubble bobble has been broken in the 64 bits version since version 0.91.14, which was released about 9 months ago ! At least it's not a generic bug, it's something very specific to this driver, it's an old thing with non portable ideas inside which created a black screen on boot here, it's fixed anyway.
- commands displayed from the command.dat file (like the buttons of 1941 in the "controls" section) were bad for quite some time, it's fixed too.
There is a new index_roms file with this binary, it's to get the sizes of the roms from the internet archive so that the dialog is not inert while it's downloading since their server doesn't send the size of the file before the download starts. The 2 vera fonts have been replaced by DejaVu versions, which look about the same but contain more utf8 characters inside to be able to display more things without problems. they don't contain Japanese characters though.