|Ces versions de MAME qui n'émulent que les systèmes domestiques (pas d'arcade) ont été mis à jour avec les sources d MAME v0.189. Les modifications qui lui sont propres sont les suivantes:
- Another big rewrite due to new code that was added to the core.
- History indexing speed was improved.
- Software displays will change if slots added that add extra media devices or enable extra software lists.
- Many, many other small changes, too many to list individually
- The mame_g/mess_g.ini and mameui/messui.ini files have a new format. All existing settings will be lost.
- The new default window size has been expanded from 800x600 to 1024x768.
- The new code we've had problems with has been largely stabilised, and has extra work done to make it more stable than official MAME. If you find that MAME crashes when changing slots or software, give MESSUI a try.
- In the MAME internal UI, selecting Configure Machine then Video Options will crash. MAME devs are looking into it.
- When you first try setting up MESSUI/MAMEUI, there's a problem with the splitters covering up the list of games. There's a workaround:
"Start MESSUI/MAMEUI. Drag out the bottom-right corner to expand it to the desired size (even though it looks like crap). Close it. Open it. Now you can adjust the splitters and it will look ok. Close it again to save the settings. Next time you open it, everything will be fine."