|Deux mises à jour successives ont été publiées pour ce frontend multi-systèmes. Les améliorations sont les suivantes:
I missed a couple bugs... Oopsie!
Forgot to remove a beep command when caching zipped images list and forgot to reindex the tab's internal indexes in MAME Settings screen.
- A "beep" command was left in zipped images list chaching function
- Forgot to reindex the tab's internal indexes in MAME Settings screen
It's that time of year again. Emu Loader is going thru an agressive metamorphosis process.
MAME's audit system must be rewritten to support CRC32 collision detection and proper device ROMs detection. A bunch of MAME games that require device sets are wrongly set as available when they shouldn't. But later...
This build brings a feature requested many, many, many months ago: tabbed images / game docs. A really nice addition if you want to view game docs maximized in the screenshots panel without disabling Images feature. Access in preferences screen, Game Docs page.
Next, is the removal of Internet Game Info feature from the image categories list (what the hell was I thinking !?). There's a new toggle button in images tool bar for the web viewer, and you can use it with all image layouts.
No more images view mode... what a great day! Single Image Layout inherited all the code from the, now dead, classic view. Previous frontend version was still using the classic view under the hood. From now on, to change between image categories you must be in single image layout. Lots of internal changes were made to make this possible. It's now a lot easier to change between images layouts and categories. Much more intuitive interface. As a result, long time bugs and weird behavior were finally crushed without mercy!
Another change is support for MAME softlist zipped images in a \softwarelist\ sub-folder. eg.: snap_dir\msx1_cart\msx1_cart.zip
Just something extra to separate unzipped images files from zipped images files.
A last minute addition. A new Show Only Sets With CRC32 Collision filter in Arcade Miscellaneous Filters (main tool bar buttons). Enable this option to show only games that have CRC32 collisions. It might seems like a pointless filter since MAME have only two sets, segadimm and segasp, that fall into this category. For me, it will be useful while rewriting Emu Loader's audit system.
- Previous/Next buttons events executing when "Internet Game Info" is enabled (images tool bar)
- Images panel canvas locked before loading "Layout Settings" screen, causing memory leaks and frontend freeze
- Current images layout settings was not saved when exiting the frontend
- Tool bar "Filter By Main CPU" was appearing above the main tool bar buttons (Arcade Miscellaneous Filters)
- "Internet Game Info" tweaks
*images tool bar buttons visibility are no longer changed as they cannot be used with web viewer
*added a "Play Video Preview" button in the web panel's tool bar for easier access
- Changes to "Preview Images" feature
*more tweaks to improve category selection events
*removed remaining "Internet Game Info" code from main menu "Images"
*added "image_category_dir\softlist\softlist.zip" path scan support for MAME software lists
.now you can have your zipped images file in a "\softlist\" sub-folder (eg.: "snap\msx1_cart\msx1_cart.zip")
.file "image_category_dir\softlist.zip" will be searched first (eg.: "snap\msx1_cart.zip")
.not sure if MAME's internal frontend supports this... - tweaks to selected game's image file search function (tiny speed boost)
- Renamed "View Game Documents" to "Show MAME Game Documents" (games popup menu), as this is a MAME exclusive feature
- Tweaks in game documents feature to remove redundant selected game checks
- Minor improvement when switching Images on/off while in thumbnails view; StringList cache for zipped images is reloaded only when setting "Images" enabled (might need further tweaks)
- Deleted several old commented code from source code
- New "Show Only Sets With CRC32 Collision" arcade misc filter (to help future games audit improvements)
*useful filter to know what sets have same CRC32 checksum on different game files
*if the set is a game (parent or clone) but the affected files are from a device or bios set, the game will NOT be tagged as "CRC32 collision"
*so far, only two MAME sets have this: "segadimm" and "segasp"
- New feature: "Game Documents Display Mode"
*wanna show game docs in a full panel without disabling images ? there are two settings:
."Images and Game Docs Single Panel": default frontend behavior and will show game docs together with preview images
."Images and Game Docs Tabbed Panels": use this to show images and game docs in separate panels (like MAME's internal UI)
*to change it, go to Preferences screen (main menu) and select "Game Docs" page
.two new buttons added on images tool bar to switch between panels: "Images" / "Game Documents"
.if images tab is selected, game docs for selected game will not load
.if game docs tab is selected, images for selected game will not load
.settings are saved in "el_extras.ini", "[GameDocuments]" section
.if either images or game docs is disabled, a blank panel will be displayed (behavior may change later)
.if both images and game docs features are disabled, no panel will be displayed